Thursday, December 1, 2011

Detox Days 2 & 3

Sorry I got behind with the detox updates!

So day 2 was way easier than day one for me. I seemed to just sail through the day like nothing was different! I'm not sure what made it different, other than it was the second day and I was so happy I made it through the first day!

Then day 3. Day 3 was weird. It wasn't really hard - it was just that I seemed to hit this wall - I'm sick of this food and really, REALLY want some spaghetti - kinda day.

The whole thing is a mind over matter deal. It's not that the food is bad or weird or even hard to eat, it's just in my mind I want all the foods that are bad for me. I want to eat the foods I've been eating and have been craving but I know I shouldn't have!

It's totally weird how the mind controls so much of what I think I want to eat!

So all this has brought me to this question - one that I've pondered before - why is so much of my day, my time, and my thoughts wrapped up in food? It's a good question don't you think?

I'm not sure I have a good answer for that, I have a few thoughts, but I'd love to hear your thoughts if you have any! So please feel free to share!

Here are a few interesting things about the foods we've eatten this week - so far. This is as for the end of day 3.

I've lost 4 pounds.

We've eaten:

6 bell peppers

1 pound of mixed greens salad

3 pints of blueberries

2 pints of strawberries

2 onions

3 cucumbers

6 tomatoes

3 pounds of apples

1 pound of baby carrots

8 oz mushrooms

5 banana's 

Well, that's most of the foods, not all of them, but most of them.

So I'll be trying to be on top of things and blog again tomorrow about day 4!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Keep up the good work. I need to do the same thing. The mind really does come in play and it is so weird. Thanks for the encouragement, I need to do another detox.
Love
Heather