Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Catching up - Day's 4 & 5

OK, so I'm a couple of weeks behind... but, the last two days of the fruit and veggie detox were interesting.

They didn't seem overly hard... but I'm telling you by Friday night - after that last salad, I was really looking forward to something different come Saturday morning!

It was - for the most part - a good experience. It was very helpful in resting my poor brain and my taste buds. It was really beneficial for me to really see how I had let myself slip slowly back into making some really poor choices.

I was also happy to know that I do really like salad, but I was REALLY happy to not eat another one for several days.

I did enjoy, seemingly for the first time, each and every food that wasn't a fruit or a vegetable! It was really amazing how things tasted!

The plan was to do the detox and then hit the gym back hard! That didn't happen. But that's a whole different post... I actually haven't been to the gym since doing the detox, but I do plan on getting back at it very soon!

It was a good experience, and I learned a lot. It helped me remember the importance of making good choices when it comes to my foods!

Sorry this was so long in coming!


No comments: