Sunday, February 5, 2012

February

I know it's been forever! I've thought to sit down and write several times, and for one reason or another that just keep not happening!

First there was all the wonderfulness of Christmas - which I had every intention of blogging about!

Then David and I got to take a trip to Las Vegas! Which I had every intention of blogging about!

Then January hit and it seemed like the Winslow family went into "survival mode"! David was working A TON! And saying a ton now, doesn't even seem to be enough. We felt blessed that there was work to do, but honestly weekend, after weekend of work got to be a lot to manage - for all of us!  And even though the weather's been unseasonably warm we have not escaped the dreaded "yuck" that's going around. We've all had sore throats, strep throat, coughing, congestion, and general cold nasty-ness! We even had to reschedule Luke's birthday party due to him having strep throat! Poor kid! January was a long month!

But now it's February. I do love the month of February! It's a short month and who doesn't love a shorter month! Plus it's Valentines Day. I've talked to many ladies just in the last week who have said they hate Valentines Day. I was surprised to hear that! I'm such a romantic, I guess I thought everyone like Valentines Day!!!

I suppose some of the reason I like it so much is because I have wonderful memories of a special Valentines Day! I guess now that I'm married and have a date for Valentine's Day, I like it a bunch! But with kids and all that business of life sometimes it's hard to go on that romantic date and spend some quiet time together! But since the kids got old enough I've tried to incorporate a lot of fun stuff into the day. Heart shaped sandwiches, strawberries, heart candies, pink heart shaped pancakes. You know that kinda of stuff! It's fun. I like it. I like love and I try to let my friends and family know how much I love them and how much I appreciate them!

To my friends and family - thank you all for your love and support - all year long! I have a really wonderful family and great friends! I couldn't "do life" without you!

To my kids - your both growing up so fast! I make about a million mistakes a day in parenting you, and I pray that the grace of God will abound and I'll be the mom you both deserve! I am blessed by having you in my life and I love you both!

To my Husband - David, I love you so much! Thank you for being my friend! Your a place of calm for me, and strength. You show me and the kids God's love each and every day! Your a wonderful husband and amazing Daddy! I am blessed beyond words to have you in my life. Thank you!

See there ya go! It's not that hard to tell the ones you love, that you love them! Take some time, not just this month, but all the time, to let the ones you love know you love them!



No comments: