Sunday, August 14, 2011

Catching up

The last couple of weeks have been very fun, and very busy! Our families vacations ended up all being within the same 2 week period this year, so the last couple of weeks have been full of list making, packing, driving, unpacking, laundry, re-packing and lots of fun having!! It's been great!

But as I look at school starting this week, I seem to have about a billion things on my mind! The start of school seems to be a good time to kind of "get things back in order." I guess it's the need to get back into a routine that make me feel like I need to step back and take a look at my whole life and get ready to get it all back into the right routine!

In order to keep things shorter and not completely bore you to death, I'm gonna do the bullet point list of things that have been going on, or that are on my mind as there's a ton (seemingly) yet to do and take care of before Thursday morning!

* Jane, our dog, has been having some trouble with one of her paws. I took her to the vet last week because she wasn't wanting to put pressure on it and she was limping when she walked. They gave us some pain meds, but there's been no improvement. So tomorrow I call them back, and I fear I'll have to take another trip with the dog and both kids (although the kids did FANTASTIC last week when we went!) to the vet! Hope they can help her this time. She's just not been her usual Jane-y self!

* I need to get back into a better routine of getting up early and getting my daily personal devotions done!!!! 5:30AM - here I come!!

* In today's paper there's a flyer from Rack Room Shoes - for an extra 10% off along with the BOGO 50% off!!! OH BOY!!! This is great, since both kids need shoes for school!

* I'm a bit nervous (and trying to but that worry into praying instead of worry) about Luke starting 1st grade! He had such a great K year, and I know and love his first grade teacher, so I know he'll love her too, but I'm praying he's matured enough to not get into trouble this year!!!

* Along those same lines, we're looking at putting Luke into some Tae Kwon Do classes after school this year. Just a couple of days a week. I'm thinking it'll be a good outlet for some of his energy since he'll have to be sitting and learning for a longer time period this year.

* It'll also be interesting to see how my schedule works out with Avery in preschool 3 days a week this year and Luke in school until 3:15. She's done at 1. What to do with that time in-between?!?!?! I'm sure we'll find something. Gymnastic class for Avery? I don't know... maybe!

* I'm gonna keep my membership at my favorite current gym. Even though it means driving back to Kernersville. It works for me, and I'm for sure I can get there 2 mornings a week, so staying there and committing to those 2 days is what I'm doing.

* Along those same lines. I'm working to loss 10 pounds that I've slowly re-gained this summer, in the next 2 months. I gotta get back on the band wagon!!!

* It's super double coupon time at Harris Teeter and I haven't been yet. Bad me! It's on the schedule for things to do tomorrow.

* Today at church is family Sunday, which means there's NO child programing. So both of my kids would be in the service with us. But it's David's day back on his tech rotation, and I'm not sitting through a service with both my kids by myself. So we're home this morning. Today makes 3 weeks since I've been to church. I miss it, and look forward to going back next week!!!

* Even though we start school back this week (and I have to start getting all up, dressed, lunches packed and out the door by 7:15AM) summer's not over just yet!! We have a couple of Saturday's left on our rented pontoon boat!!! I'm gonna enjoy every minute of it and I'm gonna soak in as much vitamin D as possible cause I know soon enough it'll be cold, gray and yucky - yuck!

* I'm going to try to be more purposeful about blogging. I miss it and I hope you'll re-join me on a regular basis!

I think that's it! I'm not sure how short I keep that, but I do feel some better having gotten it all out! Thanks for reading!

No comments: