Thursday, July 21, 2011

Something fun!

The sun is out, the coffee is good, the kids are fighting (that ones not so pleasant, but the others are good!) my breakfast smoothie was good, and in a minute I'm off to the gym!

Those all sound like the makings of a good day to me. Well, again, other than the fighting children! But still, I'm determined to make today a good day!

Luke starts back to school in less than a full month now, and time is flying by. We've had some super lazy days this summer. And a few of them this week! Poor Avery had a bad, bad cold - which thankfully didn't last too long - so we've been kinda taking it easy since the kids have a BIG couple of days coming up! This Friday night they'll be with their grandparents that live near us! Then a day at the lake on Saturday, hopefully with some friends! But then next week on Wednesday the kids and I will head up to Tennessee where we'll meet my mom, change the kids and the cars and the kids will have 5 days with their other Grandparents! So I wanted Avery to be well so she could go and have fun!

What are David and I doing while the kids are gone you might ask? Well, since you asked - we're going to the beach. Yes, just he and I at N. Myrtle Beach for 4 days. It's never happened before. Can you believe that? He and I have never been to Myrtle Beach alone together!!

We've been to the beach together - many times. I started going with he and his family before we were even married. And we go every year in October and we've taken the kids, or been with friends, but never alone.

We've been to Maui, the Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Las Vegas and several other places alone together, but never a simple 4 hour trip to Myrtle Beach. So now is the time! It's gonna be fun! I'm looking forward to some quality time with my man, and the kids are SO excited to be going to see their Nanny and Grandpoppy!

For today, I'm going to try to take advantage of the sunshine and summer time and do something fun with the kids! I'm just not 100% sure what that will be just yet... but whatever it is, it'll be FUN!

No comments: