Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pretty Food

I love this time of year! For many, many reasons, but one of them is shopping at the local farmers market! I love the idea of supporting local growers and the idea of fresh, good for you food! I just love it!

I've been venturing out and trying some new recipes the last week or so, and although some of them have gotten the "what in the world is that??!?!" face, they have all turned out pretty well! Even the fish taco's that I've been "threatening" to make for over a year now were - yes - amazing! And David liked them and said he'd eat them again!!!

Here is a dish I made the other night. I was a recipe that called for turkey polska kielbasa - well I didn't have any, but I did have some ground turkey sausage, so I used that instead! I wasn't sure how this dish would be received, but I moved forward with it anyway!

Here are the other ingredients, all of which came from a local farm at the farmers market!

Corn, zucchini, and grape tomatoes...



Pretty, isn't it?!?!

The recipe didn't call for any other seasoning other than pepper, but I cannot cook a meal like that, so I added some Italian seasoning to the veggies! And this is how it turned out:



This was one dish that got "the look" but after tasting it - turns out, it was pretty good!

David then gave me permission to "try new things!" and so you can bet I will! YIPPEE!!!!

Tonight, I try my hand at grilling! I don't use the grill, that's usually David's territory, but I am gonna try it... with fish even! I'll try to take pictures and let you know how that turns out!

No comments: