Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Day of Love

I love love!

I'm a romantic at heart. I love for there to be lots of love in the world. I love for people to go on dates, and spend time together and call each other during the day and give cards to each other. I also love the "big" romantic things like surprise trips, and flowers, and gifts and unexpected gestures! I love all that stuff!

Is that what Valentines Day is all about? Heart, chocolates, flowers and warm fuzzes? I mean, sure it's really nice to feel loved and appreciated, and it's so much fun to make others feel loved, but is dinner what it's all about? A date night? A card? I think those things help to keep love alive. They make it fun and exciting! And they are visible acts of love, which are very important! And let's face it, who doesn't love a fun, romantic, yummy dinner and some pink roses to go with it?!?!

But lets just say your looking for a reminder of your Heavenly Fathers love - here are a few verses that will help you remember His love for you.


“Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” - 1 Corinthians 13: 6-7


Hosea 14:4
“I will heal their waywardness
and love them freely,
for my anger has turned away from them.

Lamentations 3:22-24
Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”

Psalm 119:76
May your unfailing love be my comfort,
according to your promise to your servant.

Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 15:9
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.

No comments: