Monday, February 14, 2011

Special Day

On this very wonderful day we set aside as a reminder to tell those in our lives we love them, let me just say how many of you - my friends and family - that I love so much!

Thank you each for the very special part you play in my life. The older I get the more I realize that those who touch my life in so many different ways and area's, make it is richer, fuller and more special than it was without you! So thank you, and please know I love you!

Take the time today to tell those you love that you love them. We shouldn't do this just one day a year, but sometimes we get bogged down in daily life and don't say or express our love to those we love the most. So take time today to send a note, hug, kiss, card or whatever to someone you love!

I was reminded this year of how different and really how much more special Valentine's Day is to me now than it was when I was younger. One of my former students (who is now a Sophomore in high school) made a comment on her facebook something to the effect of "Valentine's Day should be renamed the reminder that your single day." I remember feeling like that when I was in high school, and at times, even in college, but here's how I see it now - I have a whole sphere of people in my life - from my amazing husband to my wonderful children to a great family and really good friends. I have a while lot to be thankful for and I have a whole lot of reasons to feel loved. And that makes not just Valentine's Day, but every day more special and gives me more reason's to be thankful!

The biggest reason to feel loved and one that anyone can have, is the love of Jesus! He loved so much that He came to earth and died a horrible death on the cross for me. Just for me. But just for you too! Isn't that cool?

John 3:16 - 17
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

So today I thank my Savior for all the many blessings He's given me on this earth (of which I could not be MORE GRATEFUL) - but also for His great unfailing love in dying for me on the cross and offering me eternal life with Him in Paradise.

Now, that's a lot of love!

No comments: