Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten


Today opened a new chapter at the Winslow household!

Today one of the Winslow's returned to Greensboro Academy! The school where I spent 6 great years teaching!!

And this morning I took my first born child there. Walked him in, unpacked his stuff, helped him get settled and LEFT him there! All alone!!

Well, OK - he wasn't alone, Mrs. Anne Shaw was there - as were the rest of his classmates!

But for me, it seemed like it was all alone!

Did I cry - nope, actually I didn't! I surprised even myself with no tears!

Luke was so excited about being there and all the new stuff, that I couldn't cry. I didn't need to. He was comfortable and happy, and that made me feel happy as well!

I wanna give a big thanks to Mrs. Shaw (her and I were - are - good friends from my years teaching, so I wanna call her Anne all the time, but since Luke has to call her Mrs. Shaw - I'll try to also!) for making his first day - the first day in a long, LONG school life - really great!

Here is my favorite little conversation for this afternoon...

Me: Did you have a good day?

Luke: Yup! And do you know what? I was at school for like 6 and 1/2 hours?!!

Me: Did Mrs. Shaw tell you that?

Luke: yup! And GUESS WHAT????

Me: What?

Luke: (in a super excited voice!) I GET TO GO BACK TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No sweeter words were spoken today!!!!

Thank you all for your prayers and thank the Good Lord Jesus for caring about every detail of our lives!

A few pictures of my little man!



















No comments: