Monday, August 23, 2010

Cookin' Eggs

It's been a while since I've posted about weight loss, food, cooking, exercising or any of that! But rest asured I'm still on the plan.

Currently I'm not actively loosing any more weight, just working on toneing and keeping in shape! I'm also not keeping a daily log of my calorie intake - which proves to me that writing down EVERY SINGLE thing you eat in a day has a TON to do with how much weight a person losses. It makes a huge difference! Right now, I'm happy to maintain my weight and continue to eat (mostly) healthy.

I am still doing the cooking thing. I am actively cooking at home most nights during the week, and some still on the weekends. Although this seems to be changing very slowly as the kids are doing better and better at eating out. Of course our favorite meal to eat out is breakfast, since the kids are at their best then!

So yesterday was one of those days I just didn't feel like cooking dinner! AND normally I would just call David and say I didn't want to cook, so let's go out (which would most likely mean Chick-fil-A, again, cause the kids do well there!) and he would be OK with that. Then we would both eat more calories than either of us needed for the day. BUT luckily for me I was cooking for another family! So I'm forced to stay on track - which is a really, really good thing! I'm really glad I have this accountability!!!

What was for dinner you may ask? I used a Biggest Looser recipe... it's called Wild West Frittata and some breakfast sweet potatoes. They were so very yummy and pretty easy! This is a good kinda thing to make on a night I don't feel much like cooking. It's easy, and healthy and it tastes good! It's a good thing all around!

Gotta keep it simple when I'm not in the mood to cook. It's nice to have the simple yet yummy and easy egg dishes to fall back on!