Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Finally!

It has taken seemingly forever – seriously, since Luke’s birthday party which was January 16th, I’ve been at the same weight – or near to it… until FINALLY TODAY!!!!

As of this morning I’ve lost 21 pounds! I’m only 4 pounds away from my original goal of losing 25 pounds. I’ve since decided to go down at least 30 pounds. If it takes 2 months to lose another 2 pounds I’m gonna need all the time I can get to get down that much before our cruise!!

I know that part of the problem is that I’m not getting to the gym daily like I had been. The kids have been sick, I’ve been sick, life has been going on, and I haven’t gotten their every day like I had been. I really hope to get back to that just as soon as Avery gets over this cold/croup thing she’s got!!!!

I’ve also made a few other adjustments in my daily eating. I read in a Biggest Looser cookbook that I just got, that if you are below 150 pounds you should be eating around 1000 calories a day. I was eating way more than that, since I was more than 150 when I started. So I’ve adjusted some of my eating… and that has helped.

I’m really trying to get in the right amount of fruits and veggies in a day – since that seems to help me feel full! As well as up my protein intake – this one is a bit harder, as carbs and breads and chips are so much yummier to eat than proteins!

In keeping with this even more adjusted eating schedule – I’ll be making something new for dinner tonight! Fish tacos!! David’s being a real sport about the whole thing! He’s not a big fish eater – although we’ve started having salmon once a week, since he likes that. But with some encouragement from some already healthy family members, he’s said he’s willing to try them… so tonight something new in the Winslow household! I love to mix it up every now and then. In order to make that happen – the kids and I will head to the Fresh Market today to get the fish!



For those of you reading who are also on the “weigh down”, keep up the good work – and keep at it even when it seems like it’s taking FOREVER!!!!

In the words of my wise friend Nan – “skinny is as skinny does!”

4 comments:

Nan said...

SO proud of you girl! Stay with it! Hope to post soon about the no sugar. It was tough, but worth it, although not on the scale. I just eat other "junk" instead of sweets! Love you!

Holly said...

Thanks Nan!!! You too! I've been keeping up with your journey of no sugar - so I'll be happy to see the next post!! Good for you for doing that! It had to be hard!

Luke, Avery, Monroe's Nanny said...

Wow!!! Fantastic!!! I can't wait to see you! I think it's like 2 1/2 weeks! Keep up the good work!!!

jo said...

We love love love Biggest Loser. Even the kids get into it. Does it matter that we eat brownies while we watch it. Also love fish tacos. Loveem!!! And just thought I'd tell you that I had a Holly Hobbie bedspread and doll when I was little. Thanks for the fun memory.