These are 10 things I took for granted before I had kids. In the end, it may be more than 10 or less…
Before I had kids I took for granted that…
- I had to do (only) 4 loads of laundry - on a Saturday!
- I had to wipe only my own bottom!
- I got to go grocery shopping ALL ALONE!
- I didn’t care who rang the door bell or when. There were no babies sleeping that could be awakened by the door bell and dog barking!
- I only knew names like Mac Taylor, Jack Bower, Gil Grissom, Deputy Chief Brenda Lee Johnson, and Dr. Gregory House, now I’m proud to say I know bunnies named Max and Ruby, a dog named Blue, two pigs named Toot and Puddle and a turtle named Franklin.
- If I wasn’t hungry I didn’t have to make anything to eat. Now, someone’s ALWAYS hungry.
- I didn’t have to plan my day around the very important “nap-time!”
- I had to bath only myself!
- I had to dress only myself!
- I didn’t have to clean up random puke in random places!
Well there they are! I’m sure that’s not all of them, so if you have things you took for granted before you had kids – feel free to share in the comments section!