Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy Birthday!

OK people! I'm so sorry! It's been nearly 2 months since I posted anything! It's not that I haven't thought about it, or even sat down to do it, but for some reason or another - no new posts got posted! But I'm going to try very hard to get back on track and keep up with you all again.

Since it's been so long, there's really no use in going all the way back to the things we've missed, so we'll just have to pick up life here!

Yesterday was Avery's birthday! Hard to believe my baby girl is 4 years old already! She's growing so fast! I - until just the other day - didn't have many of those "oh, my kids are growing too fast" business. But then on our ride home from my parents place in Georgia, David and I were talking and he said something about me thinking about what I wanted to do (that's a whole other post!)  when the kids didn't need me so much. He wasn't mean, he was being very helpful and kind, but for some reason the thought of them not needing me as much was heart breaking and I cried.

Then yesterday Avery woke a 4 year old and was sure to tell me how much bigger she was and how old she was now! It was all too much! But there's not a thing I can do to stop it!

I'm blessed to have 2 wonderfully, healthy, energetic, happy children! And now I'm a mom to an almost 7 year old and a 4 year old! UGH!!!

Here's my baby girl as a baby, and now!





She's a beauty isn't she!!??

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Ugh...yes...I can relate!! Wait til she's 15 and planning her big Sweet 16 Party!! Talk about emotions!! (By the way, mine are all in school all day, ages 6-15 and I'm still finding they need me pretty darn much!!!) :)