Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Yet to come

It's been a while since my last post. This is not due to lack of things to blog about, but rather and over abundance of things to talk about, but I didn't want to boar you all with every little thought I had, so I refrained!

But here is just a brief thought I have to share with you, or I'll try to keep it brief anyway.

I've been doing a lot of thinking - again - about what I want to do when I grow up. The nice thing is I'm not in desperate need of a job RIGHT THIS MINUTE - or even for a year or so, but I think it's good to spend some time thinking and praying about it now. Because when the time comes and both kids are in "big kid school," I'll want to do something, I just don't know exactly what yet.

I do know what I don't want to do. I don't want to go back to teaching. I don't really want to work a regular 9 - 5 job either. I would like to do something that continues to allow me to have some flexibility and yet lets me make some "extra" money. I don't want too much do I?!?!

So I say all that to say, I've had several ideas - some in the health/exercise area (although I've been kinda off track with my daily gym workouts - not proud of that, but trying to get back into a good routine), other ideas are a lot in the food industry. From opening a restaurant (I'm not sure I'd really LIKE to do this, it's just the idea of doing it seems romantic to me) to catering to increasing my "personal chef business", to product sales, to something totally different like, I don't know, going back to culinary school!

See, it's a lot to think about. Sometimes it's fun, other times it's a bit overwhelming. But I think at some point - I'm just gonna have to form a do-able idea and start doing it.

Until then - I'll be praying about it and I'd appreciate your prayers as well. Also, I'm open to ideas. So if you have any great ideas you'd like to share, share away!

No comments: