Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's never too early

Yes, today is January 23rd, but I'm already thinking ahead to March 2!

Why you ask?

Well because March 2, 2011 will be my wonderful hubbies 33rd birthday!

I love birthdays! I love celebrations! I love a party of any kind really! Or really just any reason to get people together and hang out and have fun!

So I've been thinking a lot about what to do for David this year for his birthday! David usually reads my blog, so I'm not gonna go into too much detail about my thoughts on the matter, cause the only think I love more than birthdays and friends and family gathering is a SURPRISE!!!!

What I will say is - I'm looking into some different things. I'm trying to find something that we haven't done before - or haven't done very often. I like to be creative. On the flip side of that, being creative (now, I'm not talking about being creative in the crafty scene of the word, but rather trying to think up something fun) sometimes has its challenges!

In our house David is the primary money guy. He makes sure all the bills are paid and he does all the balancing of the accounts and all that type of stuff. Why does that matter? Do you have any idea how hard it is to pay for something without him knowing about it ahead of time? It's hard!

For Christmas my parents were good enough to purchase David's gift on their credit card, since I ordered him a Panthers jersey (I know, I know - terrible year to do that, but they'll come back!!!!) on-line. I had the actual cash to pay for it, but you cannot send actual cash to NFL.com. So they used their card and I gave my parents the cash. Secret keep!

There have been other birthdays - like the year David went to Las Vegas with his brother and cousin and I sent him on a helicopter ride (it was a surprise!) and my wonderful brother in law was wonderful enough to pay for the rides and I paid him in cash. It's nice to have family, but boy it makes it hard to serve up a surprise!

So this year, I'm thinking and looking for something new, fun and different! I'll let you know what I come up with. Probably after the fact, if I can manage to keep it a surprise!

No comments: