Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Aprons

I've sat down like 4 different times today to blog. I've got a couple of things I want to blog about, and cannot seem to get my brain in the right order to get the thoughts all together and get a blog out. So maybe I'm just gonna go with the easy post.

My cousin, Jessi over at Crocuses in March posted a few days ago about an apron she got from her Mom for Christmas and where she's hung it in her house and the good memories that apron's bring her. I have many of the same or at least similar memories as she does - of my Mom and Aunts all wearing their aprons and making fantastic food and then spending the day - or multiple days together to celebrate holidays. Since we grew up together we would have been at the same dinner perp sessions (at least on the Dalling side!) and I have really wonderful memories from those times.

I say all that to say, I too got an apron for Christmas from my Mom. It's very cute, and I just love it.




















Although, unlike Jessi I don't have anywhere cute or warm to hang it so it can be seen my all. But it does hang right in my laundry room (with my 3 other aprons) where I have fast access to it when I need it!






















Do you have anything like an apron that brings back special memories?

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I got an apron too! How crazy...lots of people getting aprons :) Actually Sophia also got one!

Luke, Avery, Monroe's Nanny said...

I'm so glad to know that you have such good childhood memories and that you love your apron!

Jessi said...

Love, love, love your apron!!! So adorable!!