Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Aprons

I've sat down like 4 different times today to blog. I've got a couple of things I want to blog about, and cannot seem to get my brain in the right order to get the thoughts all together and get a blog out. So maybe I'm just gonna go with the easy post.

My cousin, Jessi over at Crocuses in March posted a few days ago about an apron she got from her Mom for Christmas and where she's hung it in her house and the good memories that apron's bring her. I have many of the same or at least similar memories as she does - of my Mom and Aunts all wearing their aprons and making fantastic food and then spending the day - or multiple days together to celebrate holidays. Since we grew up together we would have been at the same dinner perp sessions (at least on the Dalling side!) and I have really wonderful memories from those times.

I say all that to say, I too got an apron for Christmas from my Mom. It's very cute, and I just love it.




















Although, unlike Jessi I don't have anywhere cute or warm to hang it so it can be seen my all. But it does hang right in my laundry room (with my 3 other aprons) where I have fast access to it when I need it!






















Do you have anything like an apron that brings back special memories?

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I got an apron too! How crazy...lots of people getting aprons :) Actually Sophia also got one!

Lukw & Avery's Nanny said...

I'm so glad to know that you have such good childhood memories and that you love your apron!

Jessi said...

Love, love, love your apron!!! So adorable!!