Sunday, November 29, 2009

Our Adventures

I cannot believe that this week is December! We’ve had a wonderful last few days around here! It’s been great having David home so much and just being together doing “stuff”! It’s been fun going to spend time and eat wonderful food with family! And as hard as I anticipated it to be to eat correctly – it wasn’t so bad. I think overall David and I both did well in that area! I’m proud of us!



Our family hit another mile stone this week as well. Avery has learned to – and has several times – climbed out of her crib! Not fall out mind you – climb out. The first time it happened was Thanksgiving Day and I was in the shower, David was in his office across the hall from Avery’s room. He was listening for her to wake up – which in the past meant her crying. This time he heard a door knob trying to open. It wasn’t Luke, he was downstairs in the living room playing Wii, and I was in the shower – so he got up and sure enough, Avery was standing on the other side of her door! It’s happened each time she’s woken up from sleep since. This morning I was in the shower and all of a sudden there she was looking at me from the other side of the shower door! She has mastered opening her door since Thanksgiving Day as well! So the time has come to find Avery a big girl bed!



We also got our Christmas tree put up. It’s not decorated yet, but it got it up out of the box and since it’s pre-lit the lights are already on and so that’s nice! David also hung a wreath outside above our garage door. It looks really nice, if I do say so myself!

David and I last night had a mini stay at home date! It was lots of fun. After making pancakes, eggs and English muffins for the fam for dinner and putting the little ones to bed, we watched a movie – “The Proposal” – that David picked up from that cool Red Box thing they have at grocery stores now! It was a really cute movie and I had a good evening with my hubby right here at home! It’s been a good week and weekend!

And lastly you might ask – why am I blogging on a Sunday morning?!?! Shouldn’t I be getting ready for church?! Yes, I should be, but you see I’ve lost my voice. Yup – completely gone. I can get out a high pitched squeak if need be, but a whisper is about as good as I can do. I started feeling like I might be getting a cold a few days ago, and by last night I had no voice left! Although I don’t feel terrible, I don’t feel 100% either. I just thought it would be best not to expose all those other wonderful folks at church to my yucky! So I figured the next best thing was to blog!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Luke, Avery, Monroe's Nanny said...

So glad things are going nicely! That was really nice that you & David had a date at home last evening. We all wish y'all had been here with us...next year! LOL

Feel better soon!
Love you!

Nan said...

Glad you had a great thanksgiving! Praying you feel better soon!