Monday, August 17, 2009

I never thought…

“I never thought I’d see the day when you canned!”

I had to agree with David but as surprising as it was – I did actually make 9 jars of blackberry jelly! Yes I did, and I’m quite proud of myself!




Never mind the 15 phone calls to my mom:


“Help, what is this thing?”



“Help! I don’t think I’ll have enough berries!”



”Help!!!! How does this go together?”



“I NEED MY MOMMY!! Which part of the mashed up berries do I use???”



And so on.


I did make one whole batch – and actually ended up with some left over blackberries and it was fun! I enjoyed it! It’s a lot like cooking – which I don’t like, but since the only REALLY precise measurement was the 7 cups of sugar it needed, I did OK!



If I get really good at this canning thing (I’m going to try some strawberry jelly, spaghetti sauce and some diced tomatoes as well) no one will be getting any more store bought Christmas gifts - only canned goods from now on! Hope everyone likes jelly!

1 comment:

Luke, Avery, Monroe's Nanny said...

I am so proud of you!! Taking on home preservation-alone-can be a huge undertaking!!! I had all the faith in the world that you could do this!

Love you & miss you!