Tuesday, August 18, 2009

For Today

Do you ever feel like one day runs into the next? All of yesterday’s worries, problems, and struggles are still right there when you get up the next morning?

Didn’t you hear me yesterday Lord? Oh, you did? You said to leave it with you, didn’t you?


Didn’t I try and leave that with the Lord yesterday? Why am I carrying it again – ALREADY this morning? Guess I didn’t do a good job leaving it yesterday, and not off to a great start with leaving it today!?!?!

I feel like that some days too. Ok, yeah I feel like that most days. Then it seems that yesterday’s troubles are compounded by today’s new issues. What in the world??? Why do we do that? Why do I do that? I know the Lord cares, and He wants to help me, so why don’t I just let it be in His hands? Lack of faith I think it my problem. I want to give it to Him, but then I think ‘well I better carry it and worry over it a bit more, cause what if God doesn’t deal with it right now’ (like I want Him too) or what if in the end I don’t like how He handles it (ok, honestly I cannot remember a time – looking back - that the Lord didn’t do the absolute BEST thing for me!)?? Not good reasons are they? Nope, they aren’t!

I took this lack of faith and feelings of not knowing what else to do to the Lord this morning and boy oh boy wait until you see what He showed me – JUST LIKE HE ALWAYS DOES! Check out these two verses, they are really cool!

Isaiah 30:18:
“Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him. (Emphasis mine)

Did you read that? The Bible says that the Lord LONGS – he LONGS to! I love that! And I was encouraged by it… and as if that wasn’t enough I came upon this as I read in Jeremiah…


Jeremiah 10: 23 & 24a:
“I know, oh Lord, that a man’s life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps. Correct me, Lord, but only with justice…”

Well there you have it Holly, in plain English. Simple enough isn’t it? The Lord is in control, it’s not even my life to direct, it’s His and He longs to be gracious to me!! Mercies (as Leslie would say), that’s amazing!!!

What am I to do with that kind of early morning blessing? (I do so love early morning blessings!)

Rest in it, enjoy it, feel the love of the Lord and share it with you!!!

Remember today while you’re doing your daily life “stuff” that God is there, He’s in control and he longs to be gracious to you!

No comments: