Friday, June 12, 2009

Welcome to 200

Before I start the “real” reason for this post, I wanted to say a thanks for joining me this makes my 200th post! On one hand, that seems like a lot… on the other hand, I usually have a lot to say, I can always talk, so 200 seems like kinda a small number. Either way, thanks for bloggin’ with me!


****************************************

Like I said the other day, I have a bunch on my mind and have been working to get them in “order” before I start rambling on-line. Yesterdays was a big one so today I’m gonna go with an easier one.

I’m reading this new book titled Becoming the Woman of His Dreams by Sharon Jaynes. It’s been a wonderful book. It’s an easy read and it has chapter by chapter study guides in the back if you’re looking for something to do with a friend or a book club or study group kind of thing! The author also makes several references to other books on similar topics. Some I’ve heard of and have read, others are unfamiliar to me.

Don’t worry; there is not some big underlying problem in my marriage that forced me to read this book. Just like every other marriage, it takes work to keep it going in the right direction. So that’s the reason I’m reading this book.

That, and a year or so ago David kinda challenged me to read more non-fiction books. I love a good Christian fiction book – and there are several authors out there who have some great stuff – Karen Kingsbury, Terri Blackstock, Randy Alcorn – just to name a few, but David reads strictly non-fiction all the time, and encouraged me to do the same. So I have been trying to do that. I’ve read several really good books by some of the women who are part of the “Women of Faith” group. Shelia Walsh is one of my faves!

I wanted to share one quick story about this book. I discovered this title through my daily devotions web site – Proverbs 31 Ministries. I didn’t go on line right away to order it. I hate ordering just one book at a time… I like to get several to make it worth paying the shipping.



Anyway, one Sunday afternoon David headed to Barnes & Noble for some “David time." He sent me a text asking if I needed anything while he was there. So I sent him the title and author of this book. He sweetly responded that I was already the woman of his dreams, but he would check to see if they had the book anyway! That right there folks is why I wanted the book to begin with! I wanna keep my marriage on the right track because I can so easily derail before we even know it's happening! I’m so blessed with a wonderful husband, and I want to do things that keep him thinking that I am the woman of his dreams! This book is a great reminder of how to do that!




I’d encourage you to get this book. I did end up ordering it from Amazon; they didn’t have it at Barnes & Noble.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Holly, I stumbled onto your blog months ago after following Reagan's. I enjoy reading your updates. Anywya, you may remember me, but I know David would. I married Jamie Jones. I'm Carla. :-) Anyhow, I noticed you like reading Sheila Walsh and I do too. I have finished several of her books I am getting rid of, if you are interested in them. You can email cjpolarturtle@gmail.com to find out what I have. I'd love to pass them on to someone who will enjoy them as I did.

Holly said...

Carla! Of course I remember you! Thanks for reading! Let me check and see which of her books I've already read and I'll email you and we'll work out a book swap! Thanks again for reading!!