Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Funny Conversation

Yesterday during "rest" time - Avery still naps, but Luke never does anymore, but for my own sanity he has to have some rest time in his room. I usually take about an hour to decompress, eat lunch, and watch a bit of DVRed TV.

Yesterday I had a ton to do, so after eating a quick lunch I set up the ironing board and iron. Well it was at about the 45 minute mark and Luke came out of his room asking if he could get up. I told him not yet, he went back in, came out about 10 minutes later asking again to get up. I told him to get dressed and come down.

I was almost finished watching CSI:NY there were only about 3 minutes left in the show and one of the girls on the show was having a baby! I didn't realize Luke was standing at the top of the steps watching. So this is how the conversation went:

Luke: "Mom, why is she yelling?"

Me: "she's having a baby."

Luke: "Does it hurt when you have a baby?"

Me: "Yes, it does."

Luke: "Did it hurt you when you had me?"

**** rather than going into a whole different discussion I simply said...

Me: "Yup." "But I would do it all over again to have a wonderful little boy like you!"

Luke: "Mommy, are you gonna have another baby?!?!?!"

Me: "Nope."

2 comments:

Jessi said...

great diverting...we've been having lots of those types of questions, and also the same dodging of them!!! :)

Luke, Avery, Monroe's Nanny said...

He is obviously doing a lot of reasoning inside his head! What a whipper-snapper! LOL Good answer there, mom! LOL


It sounds like yesterday was a pretty good day for you!

Love you!