Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Girls Beach Weekend

Not many women can say they get to go away for the weekend, but I am fortunately one of at least 4 women who does get to not only SAY I’m going away, but I am actually going to the beach for the weekend this weekend!!!

First of all, I can do this because I have a totally wonderful husband who is willing to let me go – which for those of you with kids know – it’s a lot of work to keep 2 kids all weekend by yourself. But David has agreed to do it, and I’m so thankful!! Also, my MIL and a very good friend are helping out by keeping the kids as well. We will leave late Thursday evening so Luke gets to spend the night with Meme and Papa and Avery will spend the night – actually Thursday and Friday night – with the Lowes! I’m so thankful to my in-laws and my good friends – without them I don’t know how it would have worked out.

This will be the 4th beach trip us 4 girls have made. We’ve done something special each time we’ve been there. Like one year we went before Christmas and saw a wonderful Christmas show, one year we just spent the whole day on the beach, one year we saw a comedian, and last year we spend all day on Saturday in our PJ’s at the condo and then went out for a nice dinner. This year – we’re going big time – we’re going to the spa!!! We are each having different things done, and I will be having a full body message. There is nothing better – in my opinion – than having all the sore, tight muscles rubbed out while covered in warm blankest and listening to calming music. It’ll be a good time for sure.

The down side – I will so miss my family. It’s a double edged thing… it’s nice to have some time away from the laundry, dishes, diapers, cleaning, and daily routine… but when I’m gone, I miss them. Plus, David and I love to travel, and I don’t like to travel without him, but this is tax season and so long term (even for a weekend) care is hard to come by since my in laws are up to their necks in W-2 forms so there is always part of me that’s sad that I’m not on vacation with him. And boy does he need a vacation too. He’s been working like a dog these past couple of weeks! Hopefully we’ll be able to go away – even for the weekend (if we can talk Meme and Papa into it again) after tax season is over!

Well, as much as I would love to keep on sitting here in my PJ’s – I’m not at the beach yet, and there are a million things to do… like get Luke to school! So I’m off to do the things that I do on a daily basis, with thoughts of the beach in the back of my mind.

2 comments:

Nan said...

have a blast! I am actually going to Charleston tomorrow thru Saturday with Frank's sister and his aunt...both whom I adore! This will be the frist time I've left both the boys and Frank....5 and a half years! So excited and it couldn't have come at a better time! We are spending a half day in the spa on Friday...Yippee!! Have a blast!

Luke, Avery, Monroe's Nanny said...

I'm glad you're getting a much needed break...and lucky you--to the BEACH!!! I hope you'll be able to go with a clear mind/heart & enjoy your time away. You'll be so refreshed when you come back, ready to face the day-to-day trials of life. Wish we were closer to help out. :0( So glad Meme & Papa & Leslie are pitching in to help. What a blessing!