Thursday, February 26, 2009

Too long, too much and too sleepy

It's been too long since I blogged! We have had too much going on and honestly until the last 2 days, I've been too sleepy!!

My kids were sick - again - and therfore hadn't been sleeping well. Luke still - at 4 goes thru these things where he won't sleep - he doesn't go to sleep at night, then if he does, he's up in the night - or up very early in the morning. This cycle seems to repet itself over and over until something (who knows what) happens and all of a sudden he seems to sleep again. I don't know, it's weird. We're in a "not sleeping" cycle now. Then of course Avery gets sick again - Luke shared his cold with her - and hers turned into an ear infection. So she wasn't sleeping much, until we got the anti-biotics into her. She has slept the last 2 nights - which is great - but woke up this morning with a big case of the runs! I knew it would happen, it's due to the antibiotics - but after talking to the doc about the meds and the diarriah they cause and the fact that we could do this - or do a lower dose antibiotics and maybe still have to do the wider spectrum stuff after the lower dose cause it might not get it all - we just went for the wider spectrum stuff. I didn't see any sense in doing 2 rounds of antibiotics! So we started the morning with yucky sheets, PJ's and a "hose off" in the tub! But she does seem to be feeling better and like I said - she's sleeping all night again - so no complaining here!!

So there's a fast update. I have more to say, but I'll have to find a different time to do that - as it seems Avery is keeping herself busy by unloading the kitchen cabinet (it used to have a child safty thing on it, but Mommy broke it off!)!

P.S sorry for any misspellings - I couldn't get my computer to copy and past this post into Word!!

2 comments:

Nan said...

yogurt might and should help counter act the effects of the antibiotics by putting the good bacteria back in her system....have you tried that?

Holly said...

Thanks Nan! I have tried and luckily for me - she loves it! The poor girl is eating like 6 or 8 a day!! Some days (like this morning) it was the only thing I could get her to eat at all! The Doc told me it would help some, but wouldn't stop it. So I'll take what I can get!