Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Book

I like to read. Love it actually! Unfortunately I don’t have as much free time to read as I used to, but I do still love it! I read mostly fiction, but I started a new nonfiction book today that I think will do more than entertain me!

It’s a “weight loss” book. It was recommend by a friend of ours from church (thank you Glen) – and after talking with him about it David ordered each of us one. I started mine this morning; it’s a 30 day read that walks you through some “new” ideas about losing weight. It’s written by a husband (who’s an MD) and wife (who’s an RN) team. It’s called “Thin Within” and I really like it so far.

I’ve been through several weight loss programs – Weight Watchers, Atkins, and one local program – and they all worked very well and I lost the weight – while I was ON THE PROGRAM – but like most people found it hard to stick to it, and ended up gaining back the weight I lost! With this book I think I will find a new way of looking at my body and seeking God in this area of my life.

I’m excited about this journey and am hopeful it will bring some good results the next 30 days! So as a point of reference (not too proud to share!) – today my weight is 156. I’m going to focus on putting the principles in the book to work in my life – now I’m off to “not eat until I’m hungry” – no matter what time it is!

2 comments:

Luke, Avery, Monroe's Nanny said...

I'll be anxious to see how it works for you. I really need to drop a few pounds before trotting up the aisle in AC's wedding!

Nan said...

Keep us posted!