Monday, January 5, 2009

Ever feel like this...

I NEED TO GET AWAY?!?!?!? I have felt like that for about a month now! David and I LOVE to travel! But it's hard to do that with 2 small children! So each day I try not to think about wanting to go somewhere.

Where do you want to go you might ask?! It simply doesn't matter! We love Las Vegas - I could go there! I LOVE the beach - I would be happy to go there! Pigeon Forge, TN isn't far from here, I could go there - or anywhere else that you could think of! I get this deep, deep "need" (it's not a need, just a want - I know that) to GO SOMEWHERE!

Here is the problem with not going somewhere - I start to get restless in other areas of my life, and I start thinking about wanting to make changes. What kind of changes you might ask? Well, my hair color for one. Unfortunately for me, my hairdresser is on maternity leave! Another tattoo is another thing I start thinking about wanting. I really do want another one, but I can never decide on what I want or where I would put it, so I have never gotten another one, but right now I want another one - BAD! Shopping seems to be another outlet for when I cannot go! This is especially not good! Not what David wants to hear, right! He's been working his butt off and I wanna go out and spend his money!!! Poor guy!

I do try to focus my attention on house stuff and getting other things done around here! Sometimes that works - sometimes not! So I guess what it boils down to is - I gotta find a way to be content with my surroundings and just know that in a couple of months we can go somewhere - hopefully!

For now, I'm going to try to focus my attention on my goals for 2009 - starting tonight - I'm gonna try and get some scrapbooking done. Then tomorrow morning, I'm getting up and doing some exercises and doing my devotions, and I'll try not to think about going somewhere warm, sunny and sandy...

4 comments:

Nan said...

Think warm and sandy and bring yourself down here!!! Not helping right?

Holly said...

becareful what you offer...

Jessi said...

I can totally identify. And I have the same problem...that I try to fill the longing to get away with other stuff - like shopping or eating! My longing isn't necessarily to go someplace far, but rather, just to have extended time away - anywhere - especially with Todd. I've determined that I cannot maintain healthiness without getting away with him at least 3 times a year (and preferably a lot more than that!)

Our problem is usually not having the money to get away - and now the dog! It's a lot easier to find someplace for the kids now that they are bigger...so basically I just shot myself in the foot with that one by gettin' a dog!! What is wrong w/me?!?!

I don't know if it makes us 'high maintenance' or what - but I'm right there with ya!

Amie Brendle - Writing Tutor said...

Holly, your honesty is refreshing. I think what you feel is what most moms feel. I don't think it makes anyone high maintenance. The fear of discontent strikes the heart of every woman. You are just verbalizing yours. At one point in my own life that fear almost kept me from getting married, starting a family...

I will say with the start of Esther, you will be taking a vacation of sorts. I have a feeling that God will be doing something mighty in the hearts of His daughters and that may just give you the 'respite from life' that you are desiring. Maybe that sense to get away is a deep longing in your soul to be alone with your first love. I am a romantic at heart :).