Saturday, December 20, 2008

Been a while

I know it’s been forever since I blogged! What is my deal? I have no idea… it may be the baking for the 2 cookie swaps I went to last week, the mountains of laundry my family seems to produce, the fact that I’ve had at least one sick child sometimes (like now) both of them sick since Thanksgiving, the visit from a wonderful friend who lives in Wilmington, then there could be the general house “running” stuff, or the fact that our very good friends are taking a job in FL, maybe it’s just been other holiday stuff – shopping, wrapping, decorating, making menu lists and grocery lists, or maybe it’s been the gray weather that just seems to have me somewhat down lately – could be any one of those things that has keep me from blogging! But I’m here now, so we’ll see what I have to say!

It’s hard to believe that Christmas is only 5 days away! It seems like just this time last year we were getting adjusted to having Avery and getting back into the “normal” swing of things! And here we are again – Christmas time! Avery is 13 months old now, and Luke is looking at 4! Time sure does fly! I’ve been totally unprepared this year for Christmas! Although we started our shopping – and got mostly done for the kids – back in October, it was like all of a sudden it was December and I wasn’t ready!!! I think I’m finally ready now – just need to decide if I’m going to do stockings for my kids this year or not – if I am, I really need to get on that!

I’m totally excited for Christmas this year! It’s been an interesting couple of weeks since I decorated and since we put up our tree! Avery is into EVERYTHING – ALL THE TIME! She’s on go the whole time she’s awake! Thankfully she still usually takes 2 naps a day!!! It’s been a challenge teaching her to not touch the tree, and honestly, she still touches it! So far she hasn’t hurt herself or broken any ornaments, but leaving her on her own so I can get something done – inevitably ends up with her touching the tree and then getting a pop! But overall, she’s done fine! It will be fun to see her and Luke open their gifts on Christmas morning!

It’s also been really fun to dress her up each Sunday! I’ve taken pictures each week – except for last week – because somehow I’ve managed to lose the camera – NOT GOOD! But that’s been really fun! I’ll be posting those along with some of our Christmas tree here shortly!

Well that was pretty random and all over the place! But now Avery is waking up from her nap (less than an hour nap) crying so I need to go! Be on the lookout for pictures!

No comments: