Friday, November 7, 2008

Beautiful

I have to say that the weather here today is WONDERFUL! I so love living in the South! We like to say “if you don’t like the weather, stick around it’ll change in a day or so!” And that is so true! Yesterday and today the temperature has been very mild – mid 70’s and sunny! The trees are also so beautiful this week! Usually we have a very dry summer and therefore we end up missing “peak tree” season since it usually happens like the second week in October, but this year we had a good bit more rain and peak season has been much later this year… like this week!!! It’s just been so pretty!

Fall isn’t unusually my favorite season – except the promise of Thanksgiving and Christmas – but the past week or two have been really nice here! I am also one of those people who just does better with more sunshine and less cloudy days – so the sun and the beautiful colors have been really enjoyable!

On the flip side, it’s hard to get into the spirit of the season when it’s 75 and I’m wearing tank tops and shorts! I am really looking forward to decorating my house this year! I didn’t do much last year cause I had a new baby and just really didn’t feel like I could do a whole lot! I did put up a tree and all that! But after Thanksgiving last year I got some GREAT deals on decorations and cannot wait to put those up there year. My big concern this year is a little thing we like to call Hurricane Avery! She blows in – does as much damage as she can in a short amount of time - then blows out!! I’m thinking all tree decorations will be at least 3 feet up on the tree! Luckily for me I have a very tall ceiling in my living room and can get a very tall tree if I need too! I’ll be sure to take pictures when I do decorate!

It’s hard to believe that Avery’s first birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner! Time flies when you have 2 little ones to keep up with!

No comments: