Thursday, August 28, 2008

This is the Day

For those of you who know me, you know I love to sing, but unfortunately the Lord did not give me the ability to carry a tune in a bucket, so hearing me sing isn't all that wonderful!

So when Luke was born everyone said "you have to sing to your baby!" Oh, boy! Poor kid! But I did, cause "they" said it was good for him, even if it wasn't in tune. There were many mornings - after VERY long nights - that I woke up not feeling in a happy mood. So while I was feeding Luke I would sing (to him and for my own soul) this is the Day that the Lord Has Made. It always helped me to really refocus on the day and what was important and that even though I was up for 2 or 3 hours in the night that I was blessed to have another day at home with my son. Now, with Avery (since she's a much better sleeper) I usually don't feel down in the mornings (still feeling blessed to be at home with both of my babies now!), but on rainy days (the 4th one in a row) like today that song comes to mind and it helps me to remember what’s really important about the day and what the Lord really has for me and my children!

So if you’re down today - remember that today is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it!

He sure loves us!

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Thanks - a good and timely reminder!