Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We're Home!

Praise the Lord and Hallelujah we’re HOME! The dr. finally came by late this afternoon and took a look at Luke and he gave his stamp of approval for Luke to come on home! We were so excited! It’s so good to be home with both my babies! Poor Luke I think is really excited as well, because although he was almost asleep in the car on the way home – he ate a bit (about half and apple), took a bath and is now playing in his bed! Silly boy! I would really like for him to go to sleep, so I can as well! David has already headed off to bed – he’s not feeling too well! Poor guy is running a low grade fever – I asked if he needed to see the doctor?!?! He wasn’t amused! Please keep him in your prayers! He got the least sleep of all of us last night and I think he’s plain worn down!

I wanted to just take a minute to thank all of you who were lifting us up in prayer! I cannot tell you how very comforting it was – in the long, dark hours to know that there were many family and friends bringing Luke, David and I before the Thrown of the Most High! Thank you for being faithful in praying for us and for helping to carry our burden! I know that I think Luke is a really special little guy, but I got to see that many who already know him think so too. You know what else was really cool? Luke was so good while we were there and all the nurses just loved him and thought he was so cute, smart and in general so polite. That made me proud of him beyond words! I hope and pray that all our nurses saw Christ thru us. I am so glad that I have the Lord to lean on in scary times like the last 2 days!

I also want to thank David for being the best Daddy and husband in the world! He was calm, cool and collected the whole time. He never backed down once and did ALL he could to get our Baby Boy the best possible care he could. He kept up with all that was going on and he mainly dealt with the doctors. He was wonderful and he never left Luke’s side! And today when Mommy broke down – he was there for me too! I am a truly blessed woman to have such a strong Godly husband and father to my children!

One last person – or 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 shunting trucks and hulling freight --- oh sorry, Thomas the Train song there! – to thank and that’s Carolyn, my mother in law! She met me at the doctors office on Monday morning when all this started and she stayed with Avery until we got home tonight! I had many, many offers from other friends and loved ones to help out as well! But I thank Carolyn for being with our Baby Girl! And as for our oldest baby (I mean our doggie Jane) thanks to Richard and Leslie for keeping here – I know poor Odie will be sad when she comes home!

What I have learned most of all from this experience is – I will forever see a cold, ear infection, even the flu in a whole new light – at least we’re not at the hospital with a tube down our noses!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he is home! I hope you all got some good sleep last night and that David is feeling better!

Amy said...

Way to go Luke. So glad the problem is fixed and you are feeling better. The hospital is a scarry place for little boys but it sounds like you were very brave! Thomas would be proud!!
Holly, sorry you had to experience the hospital we have been praying for you all. Tell David we will pray for his full recovery and hopefully your family can get the rest they need after a scarry couple of days. Please let us know if we can do anything to help.
Love,
Aunt Amy

PaPa said...

Luke,
I am SO glad you are feeling better! We love you so much and the thought of you being in the hospital was just awful. We are looking forward to having you and Avery over here! You can teach PaPa more about trains and we'll go to see the trains and get a biscuit in THOMASville!
Love, PaPa