Thursday, July 17, 2008

Oh, Look at the time...

I apparently made the huge mistake of telling both my Mom and Shannon that Avery usually sleeps through the night even when she’s sick, which I’m now convinced (earlier I thought it might just be a low grade fever due to cutting teeth) she is – since its 2:40AM and she and I are still awake. She did sleep about 3 hours tonight when I put her to bed – I slept about 2 of those 3 hours and so far those are the only 2 hours I’ve gotten tonight and it isn’t looking real good for too many more!

Avery seems to be running a fever that I cannot get to come down under 100. I don’t know what is wrong, but I know she’s tired but cannot seem to go to sleep and stay asleep. She’s been asleep several times over the last 3 hours, but doesn’t stay asleep for more than 20 or 30 minutes! Poor little thing – I hate it when you’ve done all you can for them and there is nothing more to do! She doesn’t even seem happy for me to hold her, so right now she’s “working it out” on her own in her bed. If she’s still up in another hour, she can have more Tylenol! I’m not a superstitions person by any means, but it does always seem that when I say something about my confidence in one of the kids sleep habits – they always prove me wrong!

I have however spent some good quality time in prayer tonight – I try to do a good bit of praying when my kids are awake in the night – seems like a really good thing to do with the time, especially when I’m going it solo, no one else in the house to commiserate with! So if I know and love you – which I do so love all of you who read this blog – please know I’ve prayed for you tonight! Also, when I’ve got more rest I’ll share some of the insights I’ve had tonight about peace. God is faithful – even in the long dark hours of the night!

I’m so sorry David that obviously things didn’t go as well as you had hoped at the co-lo tonight, I hope you got some good sleep- and I’ll be praying you have a safe trip home tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie. Sorry to hear about Ave :-(. I hope she (and you) made it back to sleep. Everything actually went well at the colo -- it just took longer than expected (imagine that :-) ). We are headed home in a few. I look forward to seeing all of you soon!

Love,
David