Monday, June 2, 2008

Holly's Hobbie

How you might ask, did I came up with the name Holly’s Hobbie for my blog title. Actually I didn’t – David did. I told him I was working on setting it up, but didn’t know what to call it. I had kicked around Winslow World, but didn’t really like it too much he didn’t either, so I asked him for suggestions and he suggested Holly’s Hobbie. At first I didn’t really like it, cause I thought it was kinda corny (when I was young I did NOT like being called Holly Hobbie), but then I got to thinking about it and it seemed as good as anything else I could think of, and I actually came to think it was kinda cute. When I was setting up the blog David said to me shouldn’t that be Holly’s Hobby? Well yes, but Holly Hobbie spells her name like this – Hobbie – and I liked that better than hobby.

Besides, I would like to think that I have many hobbies besides blogging such as reading, scrap booking, shopping – all of which I hope to do more of as my kids get older and I have a bit more time.

So there you have it – the origins of the blog name!

1 comment:

Luke, Avery, Monroe's Nanny said...

I LOVE the name!!!! It's very appropriate & I somehow knew that "hobby" fit into it.

I never knew you didn't like being called Holly Hobbie when you were young!! LOL