Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I want to take a minute to say Happy Father’s Day to all the wonderful men in my life that happen to also be fathers! Happy Father’s Day to my Dad who has always been a rock in my life! Daddy’s always been there to support Chanda and me – he spent endless hours at gymnastic meets on Saturdays, many ballet recitals, and how many Christmas’s is one man supposed to see his girls in the Nutcracker?!? Thanks Dad for all your time, support and love over the years! I couldn’t ask for a better Father and I am so blessed to have a family who raised me to love the Lord and who have shown me time and time again how to deal with life and situations in a godly way. I pray today Daddy that you would know how much I love you and how very special you are to me!

I have the same thanks for Ed as he helped to raise and mold the man I love so much! David too has a great Dad and a man who was and is a godly example of what a Dad should be. Thank you Ed for loving your sons so they would grow to be wonderful fathers!

David – thank you so much for being the most amazing Dad to our babies! It has been so neat for me to see your relationship develop with Luke. He sure loves his Daddy and already enjoys doing everything he can with you. I already see him being molded into a young man who will follow in his father’s footsteps as a godly man. I couldn’t ask for more than that for our son. Thank you for being committed to loving him and raising him to be a man after God’s own heart. Little girls and their daddies – there is something different about that than there is between a little boy and his Dad. When Avery looks at you – even at her young 7 months – there is total love and admiration. I know that feeling is mutual! I look forward to watching her relationship with you grow as well. I pray that Avery’s love for her Daddy would continue to deepen and grow and that you’re relationship with her would help to mold her into a happy, confidant young woman who knows just how much her heavenly Father loves her because of how much her earthly father loves her! I love you, and I’m so blessed to have you as my husband, but also as the Fantastic Father of our kids! Happy Fathers Day!

A quick thanks also to the other men in our lives who will love and influence my children and help them grow to love the Lord! There are many, many of you out there – and I hope each of you Dad’s enjoys your father’s day! Know that we love you and that we’re praying for you!

No comments: