Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer/Fall Reading


I love summer! 

I do. 

I love the sun, and the warm (ok when it’s 100 degrees and 90% humidity it’s not my favorite) and the water and the fun we get to have in the summer. I love that there’s not a daily schedule to keep or lunches to be made before 7AM or children to get up outta bed and get dressed in time for car pool. I love that we can sit around in our PJ’s all day if we want or we can pack up and spend the day at the pool! I love finding fun crafts to do with the kids, and I love the long days of sunshine, grilling on the back deck and sitting outside in the evenings. I just LOVE SUMMER! 

I also like summer, because as a general rule, I get more time to read. I’ve read a couple of good books this summer and have very much enjoyed the fact that my kids are big enough and good enough swimmers that I can sit in the chair next to the pool and read while I watch them play together! 

And it’s been a great summer. We’ve had lots of relaxing days and time in the sun and at the pool and now it’s almost over. 

Sad.

But I’m still going to read, cause I like to read when it’s cold outside too, and I can wrap all up in a blanket and drink coffee while I read, and here are a few books on my end of summer, fall reading list. I would love for you to check them out too!! 

I read a good bit. Usually fiction – cause -  well, for me, it’s more fun than nonfiction! But these two books are both non- fiction. I’m currently finishing the nonfiction book (this is the second time I’ve read it, I’m sure if you’re a regular reader you have heard me mention this book before) Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst and so not too surprisingly – one of the books I’ll be reading is her new book – released this very day (I pre-ordered it on my Kindle and so it’s there and waiting for me) called Unglued

I’m so excited about it too! I love Lysa TerKeurst and the Proverbs 31 ministry! They do an amazing job of addressing issues I dealing with daily, almost like they have a spy living in my house and then they go and  write about it the next day!

Or maybe it’s just that many women deal with the same issues! 

Yeah, your right, that’s more likely! 

You can check out the Proverbs 31site here, and here’s a link to Lysa's blog page and from there you can look at her books link. I’ll be sure to let you know what I think and if you decide to read it too, let me know! 

The second book I’ll be reading is an actual book (it’s been a while since I read a book that was in actual book form and not just on the Kindle) and it’s written by a lady who goes to my church. She’s our youth pastor’s wife and a  mother and really amazing speaker. 

I went to a gathering, or talk, or book showing or whatever they call it, last week. It was at my home church and I got to go with some wonderful ladies (who also happen to be my cousin-in-laws!)! It was a super fun night. We got to talk and laugh and hear the author of the book “Grace for the Good Girl” speak. She did a great job! I didn’t read the book first as many women who were there did. But I bought one and Emily was nice enough to sign it for me! And I’ll be reading it very soon! 

You can find Emily by clicking here, or you can simply click the Chatting At The Sky link I already have listed on the side of my blog! I’ve been a reader of this blog for several years now. She’s a gifted writer and I know, I just KNOW that God has something really wonderful to teach me about grace, cause the things she talked about the other night hit home. I’m excited to see what God has for me! 

What’s your favorite part of summer? And what book are you currently reading? I like to have a list of books I should read going, so please share!

No comments: