Tuesday, June 21, 2011

One Morning

I woke up thinking some weird things this morning, and since I had time at the gym to think more about it... it's turned into this totally big thing in my head. I've got a ton of "what if's?" and "If one morning's", but I'll try not to over-do it!

My thought this morning was - "Just one morning, I wish I could sleep until I wasn't tired anymore and then when I wake up I wish I wasn't sore and old feeling!" (Yesterday at the gym was rough and I'm feeling pretty sore today!)

So then as I got ready I had a few more thoughts...

If one morning I woke up and all of a sudden had the perfect body!

or

If one morning I woke up and could eat ice cream all day and STILL have the perfect body! (I know - it ain't happenin', but a girl can dream, right?)

or

One morning I woke up and was the perfect parent!

or

One morning - I could un-make all the mistakes I've made!

or

One morning - I didn't owe anyone any money!

or

I could go anywhere in the world I wanted to go.

or

I could help a whole orphanage of children.

or

I didn't have any of the "issues" I had yesterday?!?!

or

I could be the best cook in the world!

or

I could just have a few hours to get a pedicure, manicure, massage, new hair color, facial, and do a bit of shopping? (OK, so I'd need more than a few hours!)

or

If one morning I woke up and was the person that God created me to be.

I stopped here. With this one thought. It's kinda deep, I know. But it's also kind of where all the other "what if's" take you, isn't it?

Here's what I'm thinking... if I was or at least set out to be - each and every morning - the person who God created me to be, then what would that look like? To be honest, not what it looks like now!

I'm not sure I have any concrete answers here. I mean - obviously, I've been busy thinking about eating ice cream all day! But I do know that today's been a good day for thinking more about who God wants me to be!

So maybe tomorrow morning I'll wake up and think - "God, today what can I do to glorify you?" At least that's the challenge I'm giving myself!

No comments: