Friday, September 17, 2010

In good times and bad

As you already know (or at least have ready my opinion) - marriage is hard. But marriage can also be totally wonderful!

Think about some of the wonderful sides of marriage. You get to spend time with someone who knows you, like really knows you (some times even better than we know ourselves!) and loves you anyway!

Being married means you don't have to date anymore! And let me tell you, with the way things are these days, I'm really glad to be not dating! We have a friend who is still dating, and he - get this - uses Craig's list to get dates. Yes, I'm totally serious! I'm glad I'm not dating these days!

There are also many wonderful things about being married, and good times are good for sure. And I think bad times are really hard. This is true of every relationship we have in life I think. Good times are good, and we need those (I think) to help get us through the harder times!

I've read several books about being a good wife, and mother. Some were really good, some not so much, but here are a few I've read that I've really really enjoyed and have made a positive impact on my and my marriage.


Becoming the Woman of His Dreams: Seven Qualities Every Man Longs For by Sharon Jaynes. This is a fantastic book! I loved it, and highly recommend it to every wife!

Boundaries: When to Say Yes, When to Say No-To Take Control of Your Life by Henry Cloud and John Townsend. This is also really excellent for many relationships in life!


The Power of a Praying Wife
by Stormie Omartian. This book has great scriptures to go with it! I love this book when I really feel the need to be praying the Bible.

This next book isn't about marriage or even relationships, but more about yourself... and those of you who know me, know I gotta recommend a Beth Moore book!
Get Out of That Pit: Straight Talk about God's Deliverance. Really, there are several books by Beth that I would recommend, but this is a really good one and it's an easy read!

OK - again, there are several more that are really great, but these are good ones to start with! Feel free to click on any title, it'll take you to Amazon.com and you can preview the books.

Also, if your reading this post and have books you love, please feel free to share! I'm always on the lookout for good books!

No comments: