Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sleet and Snow at the Beach

I have to be the luckiest person in the world. I’m at the beach this week! And of all things it’s SNOWING here!!! Also this morning there was sleet! I don’t think I’ve ever been at the beach when it was cold enough to sleet or snow it’s really neat! I tried to take some pictures, they are posted below, hopefully you’ll be able to see it.

For me there is just something about being at the beach – even when it is too cold to be out on the beach (poor Luke is having a hard time understanding that!), but when I got up with Luke this morning, made my coffee and started a movie for him, I went in to do my devotions and I know it shouldn’t be, but I always feel closer to God at the beach. Maybe because the ocean is SOO big it reminds me just how small I am and how big God really is! Plus the coffee tasted better than at home, and my study of Esther was awesome this morning!!!

So far studying Esther has really been totally cool! God is doing awesome things in my heart and life! If you haven’t – I would suggest you read through the story of Esther – and just see what God has to say to you. This morning, God showed me that as his child, I’m also part of the body that makes up Christ’s bride and just how special that is. How wonderful it is to be a loved bride and how much Christ sacrificed for me to be made holy! I pray you find the full love of your savior today – and if you’re like me and LOVE a good snow (especially if you live in the South AND at the beach) find much joy in the things God has given us today!

Sorry, some kinda problem downloading the pictures here... I'll try again later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet that is beautiful!!! Clayton was of course out playing in the snow before sun came up!
I don't think its bad to say you feel closer to God at the beach! Even Jesus had special times (away from everyone else) and special places (like the garden) where He went to be with the Lord. Maybe you feel closer to Him there beause He knows you love the beach and He's wants to join in that joy! Hmmmmm-maybe the beach is a gift He made because He knew you would like it? That's deep!
I think all of us have special places where we feel closer to God, just like special times! Its great that you recognize Him at the beah since it is your favorite place! We should all do that! I would agree that there sure is something about the water though!!!! love you, les

Nan said...

We are blessed too!

Luke, Avery, Monroe's Nanny said...

I'm so glad you're having such a good time. I agree...there is something "special" about being at the beach & feeling closer to God. Wish I was there with you...and if I was there, I wish I could actually be of some help in watching the kids so you could nap. I did keep them for the better part of a week last summer. Does that count for anything? LOL

Love you!

Meme said...

I agress with Leslie's comments.

What a rare occurance to see sleet and snow at the beach in the south!

I understand what you are saying about the beach! At the beach, I am reminded of the faithfulness of God. I love the vastness of the ocean, the mystery of what is going on under all that water, the constant lapping of waves on the shore, and the timing of tides which can be accurately charted. I love the nights when surf and moonlight mingle, creating diamonds dancing on the sand.